Garlic (Allium Sativum) is a herb with the strong smell. It is used as a flavoring agent in traditional foods and has many health benefits. It is efficient in treating health problems due to the presence of active compounds.
Compounds that Boost the Medicinal Properties of Garlic:
- Allyl propyl disulfide
- Diallyl trisulfide
- S Allylcysteine
- Vinyl dithianes
- S-allyl-mercapto cysteine
- 17 amino acids (arginine and others)
- Some minerals
Nutritional Composition of Garlic:
100 grams of garlic contains
- 149 calories.
- 0.5-gram fat.
- 17 mg of sodium.
- 33 gram of carbohydrates.
- 2.1 gram dietary fiber.
- 1 gram of sugar.
- 6.4-grams protein
- A trace amount of minerals and vitamins.
- Garlic helps in lowering high blood pressure, and it regulates cholesterol level to prevent coronary heart diseases.
- People use it to prevent colon cancer, rectal cancer, stomach cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and lung cancer.
- It is used as a mosquito repellent and to prevent the common cold and various bacterial and viral infections.
- Prevents atherosclerosis and diabetes.
- It contains antioxidants that prevent Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia.
- Garlic supplements might improve athletic performance.
- Detoxifies your body from toxic substances.
- It may improve your bone health.
- Adds taste in your food.
- It has neuroprotective properties.
- It boosts your immune system.
- Boosts the process of digestion.
- Very effective against infected wounds.
- Prevents acne.
- Controls asthma.
- Very effective against weight loss.
- Prevents UTI and kidney infections.
- Has antibacterial and antiparasitic effects.
- Due to its antibiotic properties, it is used for treating ear infections.
- It is used as a home remedy to deal with stubborn splinters.
Negative effects of garlic:
If garlic is used in excess it can cause:
- Burning sensation in mouth and stomach.
- Increases the risk of bleeding if taken after surgery.
Everything has beneficial and harmful effects. Garlic has medicinal properties due to the presence of active compounds. These herbal medicines take longer time to cast any impact. By using these herbs regularly, we can enjoy the benefits. Add these herbs in your diet to prevent diseases.
It is a spice that gives curry its yellow color. Turmeric has countless advantages for our health. We often use it as a medicinal herb…
Yogurt is a complete package of all the essential nutrients which helps our body in the prevention of various diseases.