It is a spice that gives curry its yellow color. Turmeric has countless advantages for our health. We often use it as a medicinal herb for treating abnormal body conditions. Whereas, It also enhances beauty.
It contains about 300 active compounds. For our readers, we are mentioning a few.
- (the most active ingredient that boosts its medicinal properties).
- Turmeric medicinal properties
- Beta carotene.
- Ascorbic acid.
- Polyphenolic compounds.
Turmeric Nutrition – Data
1 tablespoon contains
- 29 calories.
- 0.91 grams of protein.
- 0.31 grams of fat.
- 6.31 grams of carbohydrates.
- 2.1 grams of fiber.
- 0.3 grams of sugar.
- Traces of vitamins and minerals.
25 Medicinal Properties of Turmeric
- It contains bioactive compound curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It increases the antioxidants of the body.
- Curcumin boosts brain neurotrophic factor, which in turn boosts brain functioning and prevents brain diseases.
- Whereas, it also lessens the risk of heart diseases.
- It plays an important role in preventing cancer.
- Useful in treating Alzheimer’s disease.
- Supplements of turmeric are very effective against the patients of arthritis.
- Has incredible benefits for patients suffering from depression.
- Curcumin delays aging.
- It is a pain reliever.
- Has antimicrobial properties.
- Improves liver functioning.
- Has blood-thinning properties.
- Regulates mood.
- Enhances your complexion.
- Regulates blood sugar level.
- Regulates the cholesterol level.
- Reduces joint pain.
- Detoxifies your body.
- Turmeric reduces the cortisol level in your body because increased cortisol level leads to depression and obesity.
- Boosts your immune system.
- Sharpens your memory.
- Works as an antiseptic.
- Natural herbal remedy for reducing headache.
Turmeric has no significant side effects people that take high doses of turmeric may suffer from nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, and stomach upset.
Excess of anything is bad, therefore use moderately. To get its benefits, seek medical assistance of a herbal doctor, it is important since every remedy does not suit everybody. Furthermore, usage without medical prescription for any herbal medicine can cause complications.