Dates are sweet fruits of a date palm tree. It is scientifically known as Phoenix dactylifera popularly known as Khajoor in Urdu, Tawarikh in Arabic, and Palmier in French.
Types of Dates:
- Deglet Noor
Calories and Nutrient Content
- One date contains about 20 calories.
- It contains 0.03 grams fat, 5.33 grams carbohydrate, 0.6-gram dietary fiber, 4.5-gram sugar, 0.17-gram protein, 0.012 mg vitamins, and 0.07 mg iron.
22 Proven Health Benefits of Dates
- Used for treating constipation. Its pulp stimulates gastrointestinal activity and helps in treating constipation.
- By eating a handful of dates every day will improve your heart health.
- It helps in regulating cholesterol and reliefs oxidative stress.
- As dates are rich in vitamin k, selenium, copper, and manganese so it improves your bone health.
- Potassium helps to regulate blood pressure.
- Enhances sexual health.
- It is used for treating diarrhea.
- It promotes brain health.
- Prevents the development of colon cancer.
- It boosts your energy levels because it contains sugar.
- It helps you to gain weight.
- Intake prevents night blindness.
- It prevents hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
- It prevents intoxication.
- Contains vitamin C and D which gives elasticity to your skin.
- It exhibits anti-aging effects.
- It prevents hair loss and promotes a healthy pregnancy.
- Prevents inflammation.
- Aid in treating Anemia and intestinal infections.
- It promotes muscle development.
- A source of antioxidants.
- It boosts your immune system.
Fresh Vs Dry Dates
Dried have double amount of carbohydrates, and it is a rich source of fiber. Dried also have a large amount of calcium. While fresh dates are rich in vitamin C.
This Fruit offers countless benefits for our health. It is a complete package of nutrients, our body needs. By eating a reasonable amount of dates, we can stay away from diseases. To change the flavor, we can stuff it with cream and dry fruits. Go Natural, to live a healthy lifestyle.
Health Benefits of Garlic – Nutritional Guide
Garlic (Allium Sativum) is a herb with the strong smell. It is used as a flavoring agent in traditional foods and has many health benefits.…
Banana is the most valuable, healthy, and refreshing food. Apart from its great taste and richness in fiber, banana is a very popular healthy snack…