Table of Contents Sarfaraz Ahmed StatisticsStatistics for Sarfaraz Ahmed by Batting PositionBatting Averages for Pakistan in the Last Two YearsBatting Averages for Pakistan in the…
Pollution is one of the worst enemies of nature. Any substance that is not beneficial for natural environment; its excess causes pollution. The presence of that specific material is not only harmful for the environment but its residents also. There are different types of pollution such as air pollution, water pollution, visual pollution and light pollution. Similarly, there is a noise pollution that occurs due to excessive sound. A different perspective on noise pollution will be our main focus in this article.
Causes of Noise Pollution
Sound is one of the biggest blessings from God. Life without sound is like a rainbow without colors. Different sounds helps us to identify different situations. God has created everything in a balanced way therefore, excess of anything is bad. When things go out of balance that’s where pollution occurs.
Voice and noise are different.
Voice and noise both are by-products of sound. Association of positive and negative attribute makes them different. Pleasant sound is voice whereas, unpleasant sound is noise. Noise can easily annoy any person especially the one who is not feeling well physically or emotionally. Excessive sound causes noise pollution.
Voice of machinery, transportation, loud music are major reasons for causing noise pollution. It is harmful for our ears and hearing ability. Everyone knows general causes of noise pollution. People hardly think about another perspective that does not harm you physically but emotionally.
Problems in this world are not due to voice but noise.
We have got ability to speak. This way we can transfer our thoughts and ideas to people around us. Spoken words also creates sound. If you think deeply, what a great blessing communication is! Sharing emotions and feelings through words is such a bliss.
Man is a social animal and communication is basic need of almost every individual. We want to speak and we want somebody to listen to our thoughts as well. We contribute words to emotional bank of our relationships. Things go well when there is a balance between the amount of words you deposit and transact.
Words can’t be seen but they have got extreme power; power to make or break something. Our words can encourage someone to achieve something extraordinary in life. Likewise, our words can act like a storm that takes away everything with it. Your ordinary words can have extraordinary impact on someone’s life. So, choose them wisely when you speak.
“Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.” – Oscar Auliq-Ice
We are now living in a world where there is too much noise around us. People don’t speak with the intent to convey something. They speak only because they have to say something. They are educated but they don’t know how to keep a check and balance on whatever they are saying. Asking people questions related to their personal life or passing comments on their life choices is favorite activity of people.
Not every person in this world has steel nerves.
People are different. Not everyone is strong, not everyone is weak. Not everyone is sane, not everyone is insane. Some people just don’t care about what others say and there are some who are much concerned about opinions of others. We can’t blame people for being different. If we blame people then indirectly we are blaming God for creating this world so diverse yet beautiful.
We have no idea about how the noise pollution of our words is corrupting the lives of many.
It is very easy for us to ask or say something. But we don’t realize the impact our questions and opinions can leave on somebody’s life. We tease people by asking what is not in their hands. We add spice to the injuries of our words by adding our opinions.
Levels of this game:
- When you are going to get married?
- Any plan about kids?
- First month of your marriage is over now and you are still not expecting. Is your husband treating you right?
- Wow! You are expecting. Is that a baby girl or a baby boy?
- Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy. May God bless him with another brother soon.
- Oh! It’s a baby girl. Better luck next time.
- It’s a baby girl again. You must consult a doctor if you want to have a baby boy next time. After all, your daughter will get married and son will be there to take care of you when you will be old.
- You have only one kid. Why?
- You have two kids. Wow! That’s the spirit. Just stop here.
- You have five kids. Oh my God! Don’t you have anything else to do in life?
- Your kids are now in school going age. You must admit them in some good English Medium school.
- Yeah, that’s really good school but how will you afford its fee?
- How they will manage to take admission in some good university with these marks
- What your kids are up to?
- Your kids are done with the university. Did their university help them in finding a good job or good partner?
- It is the right time for your kids to get married. You should find a guy/girl for him/her so we can start same series of questions with them and their upcoming generations.
AND THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER AGAIN
This world is in danger not because of people who are silent but those who are speaking for the sake of creating noise only. This noise pollution of opinions and words is taking away spirit to live from many. People are taking away their lives just because of our contaminated words and opinions.
Let’s not be the part of crowd. Let’s try to be different than the crowd by contributing sweetness of words. We can prove going ahead in life is possible without pulling somebody’s leg to drag them down. Our sweet words for lifting up other souls can help us to prevent the noise pollution that is caused by some unwanted voices. Julia.A.Carney expressed similar concept so beautifully in a stanza of her poem:
"Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Make our Earth and Eden.
Like the heaven above."
Maida Khan has done Masters in Mass Communication from NUST. She is a part-time lecturer teaching TV Production courses.
Writing is her hobby, and she is a vocal activist.