Religion is a basic human necessity and an urge that the majority of humans acknowledge. Humans need religion as they need water to quench their thirst and food to satiate their hunger. The importance of religion is of psychological, social, economical, and political nature. Even people who do not follow any religion actively acknowledge the importance of religion in human life.
Religion gives our irregular lives a regularity and calmness to the chaos within all of us. The fact “Importance of Religion” has been established over history and is not an imposed idea. If religion would have been an imposition, the respect that religious sentiments hold in the heart and minds of followers would have vanished over time. Whereas, we see that even people who do not belong to a religious family tend to embrace religion as a driving power in their lives.
Imposition of ideas is a different subject than strictness or strong adherence to the faith. The religions are intense and controlling in their nature, and that sets fit for the purposes they serve. The leading phenomenon of a religious ideology is the establishment of laws and the following of good manners. We can observe that countries, where everyone abides by the law, are prosperous, developing, and progressive.
Areas unveiling the Importance of religion
Religion has logical and rational answers to questions that human minds are incapable of comprehending. The complexities of our lives, and the philosophy of life. Why is life uncertain, and how everything in this universe is in perfect order? Questions, even when our most intelligent and educated minds come together to solve, they always come up with a doubt: “We can’t say this with 100 percent surety”.
We make decisions without drawing any sharp lines between correct and incorrect due to shallow human knowledge and experiences. We rely on weak conclusions, postulates, theories, and guesses which always make human souls more chaotic and human minds more baffled.
- Religion introduces Peace, Confidence, Happiness, and Stability: Life is uncertain and limited resources are a problem since the first humans. The stresses, hardships, and fear of the unknown bother everyone except those who rely on things controlled by a powerful higher deity who is merciful and compassionate. We believe that we were born without our consent involved and nourished without our protests for rights or self-determination. We analyze our surroundings and the universe and rationally decide that someone controls everything like digestion, vision, energy-conversion, breathing, blood-pumping, etc. And conclude to believe in God and relying for the little rest of our matters on Him. The attitude of relying on an omnipotent God induces relief, confidence, and happiness.
- Religion improves social life: The majority of the religions pay emphasis on our social life. The importance o interactions, praying in congregation, pilgrimage, festivals, helping each other, protecting and helping families, building legal relationships all introduce social justice, harmony, and an integrated ecosystem. The concept of almsgiving and Charity introduces happiness in society by promoting compassion and negating selfishness.
- Religion improves Health and Eating Habits: The importance of good eating habits in religious theologies is a constructive approach towards a healthy lifestyle. The concept of fasting also enhances the functioning of our bodies and improves health. Religions emphasize the prohibition of intoxicants, prostitution, and drugs that kill millions around the globe annually. Religions also emphasize adopting good eating habits.
- Purpose of Life: Living without any purpose can sound horrific and destructive for one’s health, and the impact of such sentiments on humans can be devastating. Religion tells us that we have a purpose of worshipping God in different forms directly and indirectly. As every good deed is blessed and every bad deed is punished, this lays down the foundation of a justice system that improves living conditions and induces a feeling of responsibility.
- Spirituality and Meditation: The adherence to a religious ideology fulfills our spiritual needs. Meditation helps us think deeply about the areas of life and discover hidden treasures in our surroundings. We improve our lives and the lives of others by understanding and fulfilling the spiritual need that genetically attracts our conscious and subconscious.
The Logical Key To Life!
Whether it’s our judicial system, our political system, or our domestic system, all require rules and directions to decide their matters. Religion not only comes up with rules, directions, restrictions, and laws but with a complete, unaltered, and logical Code of Life.
Religion provides you with the food you need to give your soul to make it at peace when the noise in your surroundings and smoke of restlessness makes everything so unclear. The religion emerges like a car’s headlight penetrating through the smoke and noises directly targeting your hopeless eyes giving a ray of hope to the lost wanderer you are.
So far, religion has created this concept of right and wrong, punishment and reward, Deeds and misdeeds. Without these standards set by religion, our lives would much like a boat without a sailor, no direction to follow, and no destination to reach. Religion is like that sailor which directs the boat toward its destination, preventing it from deviation.
Now it’s our responsibility to inculcate in ourselves the very teachings and principles set by religion. Religion taught us to love, harmony, honesty, peace, understanding, compassion, broad-mindedness, stand with the right and for the right, confidence, kindness, intelligence, submission to God, and humility.