Islam is a religion of peace, scholarship, dignity, education, and sacred logic defined under divine knowledge and supremacy..
Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) brought reforms in the society. And in a remote area of Arabian-Peninsula Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) educated and trained people to live the life with a purpose. for the very first time.
Obviously previous prophets and messengers like Jesus, Moses, David, Ishmael (peace be upon them all) also brought the leading guidance rules from Almighty God but were soon vanished, manipulated or fabricated with the martyrdom or en-slavery of companions by the commons. But again for the last time the message was revised and encrypted against fabrication with its revelation on Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).
Whereas, the humans were living their lives in a complete ignorance, arrogance, and superstition. The provision of such a meaningful contribution and, in fact, restructuring of the moral-basis of humanity under the guidance of sacred divine instructions, laid the foundation of a civilized society.
Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) amazingly and obviously brought a revolution and redefined all the phases and code of life. He (pbuh) defined
- Code of State
- The Code of Conduct
- Code of Ethics
- The Code of Jurisdiction
- Code of Criminal Procedure
- Code of Criminal Justice
- Military code of conduct
- The Military code of Justice
- Military code of Ethics
- Leadership Code. Etc.
Leaving apart other detailed aspects of the glories of the personality of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh). For today’s discussion I have selected for my readers the rights of an employee in Islam.
Rights of Employees
It requires an employer to follow below stated rules, which unfortunately we do not discuss widely. But if followed, will surely turn this world into an ideally perfect place. He (pbuh) told that Almighty God wants us to
- Help them in their work.
- Do not overburden them.
- Don’t taunt them.
- Call them with beautiful names.
- Treat them equally and don’t behave proudly.
- Forgive their mistakes at least 70 times a day.
- Give them to eat what you yourself eat.
- Provide them to wear what you yourself wear.
- Respect them and do not insult them at all.
- The Employees can file a complaint against their owner in the Shariah court.
- Do not force employees to perform/indulge in illegal actions, for the sake of escalated business.
- Employer shall never force employees to change their religion.
- The employer has to bear the expenses in case of his illness.
Apart from few outlined points quenched from the Prophetic sayings, there are several other points one need to keep in mind and practice. To keep a system running at peak performance of goodness and happiness, religion requires it to follow the sacred rules.
Islam is Peace!
Abdullah Ali Abbasi is an Engineer by
profession and a blogger by passion.