We all want to subscribe to the most affordable internet plans. Connect with your friends and family using these fair-usage Jazz Internet packages. Our internet…
What is Migraine?
Repeated attacks of headache. Migraine headache is a complex recurrent headache that is one of the most common complaints in medicine. Most of us have had the occasional headache. In fact, up to 75 percent Trusted Source of people between the ages of 18 and 65 reported having a headache over a year’s time. Over 30 percent of those adults reported having a migraine. Migraine and other illnesses can be controlled by Diet Modification. Read this complete article on Migraine diet modification to get to know what is going to work for you, and how.
WHAT YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE DURING AN ATTACK?
You might experience conditions like
- Cold hands
- Sensitivity to light
- Sensitivity to sound
- Scalp tenderness
- Pale color
- Pulsating temple
- Pressure pain
- half head pain.
Migraine Triggering Factors:
- Stress depression
- Excessive or insufficient sleep
- Strong odors e.g. perfumes, cologne, etc.
- Head trauma
Medication for Migraine
- Opiates Combination analgesics
- Barbiturate-containing medications
- Ergotamine tartrate
- Isometheptene Tritan
Migraine Self Medication
May be considered when
- Frequency of migraine is >2/months
- Duration of an individual attack is longer than 24 hours
- Headache causes a major disruption in patients lifestyle
- Abortive therapy fails or is overused
- Avoid late night sleep and too much stress
- Maintain a regular exercise program
- Start yoga and meditation
- Healthy lifestyle
- Keep a headache diary
- Take proper food including good nutrition without skipping meals
- Try to reduce effects of estrogen by avoiding birth control pills
Complimentary and Alternative Therapy
Certain unconventional methods, if adopted, can also reduce the tension headache.
- Body work e.g. massage
- Creative Arts
- Offering Prayer
- Deep breathing
- Drinking a lot of water
- inhalation of peppermint and lavender oil etc
- Pain-relieving medications like acetaminophen
Foods Good For Treating Migraine
Paying attention to your diet is one of the best defenses against migraines.
- Yellow, and green vegetables
- Summer squash, sweet potatoes,
- Carrots, and spinach carbonated,
- Spring, or tap water rice, especially brown rice
- Dried or cooked fruits,
- Particularly non-citrus kinds such as cherries and cranberries
- Natural sweeteners or flavors, such as maple syrup and vanilla extract
- Vitamin B-2, or Riboflavin
These foods may help decrease the frequency of your migraines. We can find vitamin in animal products such as salmon and red meat. It’s also present in grains and mushrooms.
Foods To Avoid
Foods containing Tyramine may provoke migraine
- Aged cheese
- Marinated food
- Aged cheeses
- Salty foods eggs
- Dairy products
- wheat, including pasta and bread product
- Food additives, such as MSG
I have described a short detail of all the factors and remedies for the Public awareness. You can contact me or leave a reply in the comments section below.
Fatima Abdyab is a Health, Diet, and Nutrition Specialist. She provides Nutritional Guidance as Food Blogger and a Social Activist.