Table of Contents Sarfaraz Ahmed StatisticsStatistics for Sarfaraz Ahmed by Batting PositionBatting Averages for Pakistan in the Last Two YearsBatting Averages for Pakistan in the…
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a flowering plant whose rhizome we widely use as a spice and folk medicine.
Raw ginger is composed of 79%water, 18% carbohydrates, 2% protein, 1% fat, a moderate amount of vitamin B6, and dietary minerals.
It contains more than a hundred active compounds that increase its medicinal properties. Some of them are
- Pungent oleoresins
25 Proven Health Benefits Of Ginger
- It consists of active compounds with powerful medicinal properties.
- Can treat nausea, especially morning sickness.
- Controls sugar level and promotes heart health.
- Can treat chronic indigestion.
- Can regulate your cholesterol level.
- The extract can be used to prevent cancer.
- Protects us from Alzheimer’s disease.
- The active ingredients in it help us to fight against infections and boost our immune system.
- A natural painkiller.
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Helpful in treating Allergies and Asthma.
- Protects the stomach against ulcer.
- Protects the liver against the side effects of various drugs and heavy metals.
- Fights against the flu.
- Helpful in treating eczema.
- Protects sperm DNA from oxidative damage.
- Has antimicrobial effects.
- Boosts the production of testosterone in men.
- May boost cognition.
- Protects us against colorectal cancer.
- Consumption of Ginger-Tea improves digestion.
- Prevents hair loss.
- Promotes your gut health.
Side Effects Of Ginger
- It may aggravate heartburn.
- It may reduce blood clotting
- The people who are sensitive to this flowering plant should not consume it to avoid harmful effects.
Everything has beneficial and harmful effects. If we use the moderate, and the prescribed amount of it can do wonders to your body. But if we consume it above the tolerable limit, it may have harmful effects on your body. Ginger is a gift of nature, so use it wisely to get its advantages.
Calories Of Ginger
Raw ginger gives you 80 kcal Calories per 100 gram
We have written a series on loosing weight. Also, check to Eat and lose weight! and How to Lose Weight? Obesity is a health issue that…
Wait! What? Eat and lose weight? Yes, you heard it right ‘Eat and lose weight!’. You can lose 5 kg in just 5 days. Here’s how…
Ayesha Ashfaq is a nutritionist by profession and food blogger by passion.