Obesity is a health issue that has attracted the concerns of doctors, nutritionists, and health-care services providers.
Fast-foods, unhealthy energy-dense diet with an excess of oils and fats, and changing lifestyles are among the root causes, contributing to obesity.
According to a report on the world’s “fattest countries” published on Forbes, over 30% of the world’s population is suffering from obesity.
Why obesity is a threat to our health?
People with obesity have a higher chance of developing several health problems which are as below
- High blood pressure
- Coronary heart diseases
- Bone problems
- Sleep apnoea
- Poor attention
- Liver problems
Effective Ways to Lose Weight
- Drinking water before meals
- It boosts your metabolism which helps you to burn more calories
- Eat whole eggs in breakfast
- Drinking Coffee
- Preferably black, because it is loaded with antioxidants and caffeine that boost your metabolism by 3-11%
- Avoid the use of saturated fat use olive oil and coconut oil
- Green Tea
- Drink after meals to aid digestion
- Cut back on refined sugar
- Eat whole carbohydrates
- such as whole grains, pulses, cereals which contain higher fiber content
- Eating less
- It will automatically help you take fewer calories.
- Exercise, portion control, and counting the calories intake
- It will help you to lose weight
- Doing exercise regularly
- It will burn your calories. Hence engage yourself in performing physical activities.
- Keep only healthy foods around you
- It will help you to prevent unhealthy eating
- Eat carrots, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, raw fruits
- Probiotics supplements
- Taking probiotics supplements containing lactose bacillus bacteria will also decrease your body mass
- Spicy foods
- Eat spicy foods such as chili, pepper, as it contains the capsaicin that boosts metabolism, and reduces appetite.
- Do Aerobic exercises
- Chewing slowly can help you
- Take a smaller amount of calories and increase the production of hormones linked to weight loss.
- Sleep Tight!
- More Protein
- Adding more protein in your diet rather than carbs will also help you lose weight
- Add ginger, mint, lemons, and cucumber to your diet
- Try to burn more calories than you eat
Diet for quick weight loss!
- Ketogenic diet
- GM diet
- Atkins diet
- Zone diet
- Vegetarian diet
- Weight watchers diet
- South beach diet
- Raw food diet
- Detox diet
- Crash diet
Weight loss is a time-consuming process and can take even years. To lose weight slowly and gradually by opting some healthy modifications in diet is best, desired, and necessary. Quick weight loss from crash dieting is temporary and you can gain more weight more quickly, when you will continue with your normal diet later.
Ayesha Ashfaq is a nutritionist by profession and food blogger by passion.